One World Learning – Nature in School Grounds Conference
June 13 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pmFree
Come and hear what we have learnt through our European Erasmus projects sharing the best practice and innovative ideas for nature in school grounds.
There are lectures on conservation from Dr Steve Head (UK Gardening for Wildlife Forum), Sarah Brady (Bird Life Malta), Susie Smith (Learning through Landscapes) and Sarah Eames (Teacher at Sandfield Close Primary school).
There is opportunity to network with potential partners and take part in interactive workshops which include education and conservation activity ideas.
There are three practical workshop sessions from a choice of:
- Low cost ways to engage children with nature in your school grounds – Felicity Robinson, Landscape Architect and education consultant
- The impact of introducing pollinators as a context for learning – Mary Jackson Projects Manager, LtL Polli:Nation
- Literacy and Maths through nature in school grounds – Sophie van den Bergh, Leicestershire and Rutland Wildlife Trust
- The Wild Challenge – Emily Wallace, RSPB
- Acorn to Oak Tree – a Forest School approach – Jill Gaunt, Richard Bonnington Primary
- Using Eco-Schools to create a whole school approach to outdoor learning – Lee Jowett, Leicester City Council
- 30 Days Wild – Steve Ashton, Teeside Wildlife Trust
- Munching caterpillars – habitats in school grounds – Kate Merry, Butterfly Conservation
- The naturehood of schools – Sarah Staunton-Lamb, Earthwatch Institute
You can download the agenda here
Please note that places are limited, so do book quickly.