Forest Kindergarten Course (Scotland)
October 27 @ 9:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm£414
This Forest Kindergarten Course (Scotland) is one of many taking place around the UK. Please see our event listing to see if there are closer courses.
Following a Forest Schools style of pedagogy, this course is a more appropriate level of training for most staff. The course is therefore a cost and time efficient way of training staff, while ensuring high quality outdoor learning and play in your setting.
Candidates will be trained and equipped with all the knowledge and processes they need to be able to deliver Forest Kindergarten sessions within their own setting.
There are three broad outcomes:
- Preparing the Forest Kindergarten site – “The Place”
- Planning and engaging with children and adults – “The People”
- Setting up and leading Forest Kindergarten sessions – “The Activities”
Course Duration and Format
The programme consists of:
- Registration and pre-course reading.
- A 3-day interactive course which includes practical activities, observation of children and professionals, input and training on specific issues.
- A post-course portfolio of work, which when complete is aimed at ensuring candidates have the knowledge and processes in place to run their own Forest Kindergarten.
- Submission of the portfolio for marking by an LtL Assessor. A successful Assessment will lead to Awarding of an SQA & LtL Forest Kindergarten Award, with digital and physical certificate.
Candidates will be supplied with an SQA Workbook, wider resources and all Assessment materials.
Candidates do require suitable outdoor clothing for any weather foreseeable, including wet and cold conditions. While we will adapt the course as needed to extremes of weather, we do not expect to alter the plan.
Forest Kindergarten Course is a National Workplace Award, credited at Scottish Credit Qualifications Framework (SCQF) Level 7, equivalent to National Vocational Qualification Level 4 or Higher National Certificate (HNC). The qualification is relevant to anyone in the UK (and beyond), not just Scottish residents. You can compare Qualification levels here.