Forest Kindergarten Course (Sheffield)
9th March @ 9:00 am - 11th March @ 5:00 pm£414.00
This Forest Kindergarten Course is taking place in Sheffield.
We are hosting other courses, please visit the Forest Kindergarten Training homepage to read more.
The Forest Kindergarten Award has been designed to specifically meet the needs of Early Years practitioners who would like to use outdoor spaces on a regular basis, for learning and play.
Candidates will be trained and equipped with all the knowledge and processes they need to be able to deliver Forest Kindergarten sessions within their own setting.
There are three broad outcomes:
- Preparing the Forest Kindergarten site – “The Place”
- Planning and engaging with children and adults – “The People”
- Setting up and leading Forest Kindergarten sessions – “The Activities”
Course Duration and Format
The programme consists of:
- Registration and pre-course reading.
- A 3-day interactive course which includes practical activities, observation of children and professionals, input and training on specific issues.
- A post-course portfolio of work, which when complete is aimed at ensuring candidates have the knowledge and processes in place to run their own Forest Kindergarten.
- Submission of the portfolio for marking by an LtL Assessor. A successful Assessment will lead to Awarding of an SQA & LtL Forest Kindergarten Award, with digital and physical certificate.
Candidates will be supplied with an SQA Workbook, wider resources and all Assessment materials.
Candidates do require suitable outdoor clothing for any weather foreseeable, including wet and cold conditions. While we will adapt the course as needed to extremes of weather, we do not expect to alter the plan.
Forest Kindergarten Course is a National Workplace Award, equivalent to National Vocational Qualification Level 4 or Higher National Certificate (HNC). It is credited at Scottish Credit Qualifications Framework (SCQF) Level 7 but applies across the UK (and beyond). You can compare Qualification levels here.
Venue and Timing
The event is on 9th-11th March 2022, 9:00am-5pm each day.
We are using Woodland Discovery Centre, Ecclesall Woods, Abbey Lane, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S7 2QZ.
The buildings contain all facilities we need, including a café, and all facilities are fully accessible.