Outdoor Learning in Local Greenspace (Twilights)
3rd December 2019 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pmFree
Learning in Local Greenspace is a fully funded outdoor learning training that will inspire and equip you as a teacher to lead regular outdoor learning sessions in local greenspace. You will undertake practical learning sessions in greenspace, co-plan learning experiences with colleagues and be supported in leading and assessing trips with your own pupils.
Building on the Attainment Challenge, we will focus on numeracy, literacy and health and wellbeing as curricular themes. Using greenspace will engage hard to reach pupils and move learning into a real world, enquiry based process.
There are in-school support sessions on offer from LtL to help you and your class make the best of the outdoor learning on offer and committing to the programme entitles schools to participate in other (free) staff training opportunities and more.
There is also an expectation that you will share learning and opportunities with colleagues. The LtL team will support you in this, including opportunity for in-school coaching and co-leading sessions.
Outdoor Learning outcomes:
You will be:
- inspired and equipped to lead quality, curricular outdoor learning sessions.
- supported to find and access a local greenspace venue – be it beach, woods, park or hotel grounds.
- supplied with resources and lesson plans, bespoke to you.
- supported to inspire colleagues and develop long term planning for learning in local greenspace.
This course is targeted at primary or secondary teachers from the 20% (SIMD) most deprived primary and secondary schools in Scotland only.
Please note that the dates for this outdoor learning training are a series, not stand-alone.
- 3rd December 2019 3:30-5pm
- 30th Jan 2020 3:30-5pm
- 19th Feb 3:30-5pm
- 3rd March 3:30-5pm
- 26th March 3:30-5pm
- 10th April 3:30-5pm
If you cannot make the course that runs as a twilight series, we have one that runs as over mornings in Stirling: https://www.ltl.org.uk/event/learning-in-local-greenspace-mornings/
The course will run outdoors each time we meet. Please bring a pen / pencil, tablet or phone and suitable outdoor clothing.
- This course is open to primary or secondary teachers from the 20% (SIMD) most deprived primary and secondary schools in Scotland. You can download the dataset and search for your school here or use the interactive map here. Booking a ticket does not guarantee a place.
- Please note it is not open to Early Years settings – please visit https://www.ltl.org.uk/training-and-events/#early-years
- This project is funded by Scottish Natural Heritage. We will share your name, school name and email address with them for the purposes of delivering this programme. Your information will not be used for marketing purposes.
- You can read more about the project at: https://www.nature.scot/learning-local-greenspace
Please call the LtL Scotland office (01786 465 934) or email email@example.com if you have any questions.