LtL Professional Accreditation in School Grounds Design
25th January 2022 @ 3:30 pm - 1st March 2022 @ 4:00 pm£594.00 – £660.00
About LtL Professional Accreditation in School Grounds Design
We are happy to be partnering with the Landscape Institute on this course and are offering their members an exclusive 10% discount.
This course is specifically for designers with a professional qualification and at least two years’ experience of working in and with schools.
It is not about learning how to design. Instead, it is about understanding schools, teachers and pupils and how to work with and for them effectively. It is about learning from others, including designers around the globe, and sharing good practice. It is about challenging what we think school grounds should be like and putting them into the context of the 21st century.
Topics covered include:
- A focus on connecting with nature and its importance for children
- A focus on play, including the value of risk
- A focus on teaching and learning and consulting with schools
- A focus on climate change and designing for the 21st century
- A design task/assessment
Successful completion of the assessment can lead to membership of our accredited network and opportunities to work with us on a range of projects and initiatives.
To learn more about the course please email Mary Jackson, Head of Education and Communities, at email@example.com
The course will take the form of three online sessions and one day in person.
25th January 3.30pm – 5.30pm
1st February 3.30pm – 5.30pm
15th February 3.30pm – 5.30pm
In person session:
1st March 10am – 4pm
Venue – Ground Floor, Clarendon House, Monarch Way, Winchester, SO22 5PW
The assessment will consist of:
- A portfolio of your work, describing how you have worked with schools on a minimum of two school grounds projects. At least one of these should be a whole site design (this can be at the level of a sketch design or vision plan). These designs can be undertaken before, during or after the course. If you feel you should or could change your practice as a result of the course we would like to see this reflected in your portfolio.
- A written assessment covering your understanding of outdoor learning and play and working with schools in your own nation.
The assessment should be completed within six months of attending the course.
Non-members: £660 (£550 plus VAT)
Landscape Institute members: £594 (£495 plus VAT)
Members will need to input their Landscape Institute membership number in the booking form.
Before you book
Please ensure that you have spoken to one of our team – call 01786 465 934 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do restrict access to the LtL Professional Accreditation to maintain standards for our customers, Network members and Staff team. Please consider your background before booking – you will have a professional qualification in design, likely at degree level. You will be familiar with tendering and contracting arrangements and responsibilities as a designer of public spaces.