LtL Professional Accreditation – Transforming Spaces
April 28 @ 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
The LtL Transforming Spaces Accreditation is aimed at designers with a professional qualification, such as landscape architecture, who work on larger scale projects including whole site design.
This course is not about teaching you how to design, it is about looking at how to develop the skills needed to provide schools and early years settings with the best possible consultation and design service.
During the course we will hear from experienced educators and designers, ask participants to share their own experiences with each other, and review what is happening in school grounds around the world.
We are partnering with the Landscape Institute to deliver this course.
We will cover the following key themes:
- About LtL and working with us
- Understanding the needs of schools
- The value of connection with nature for pupils
- The importance of beneficial risk in school grounds
- Designing school grounds for play
- Designing school grounds to support the curriculum
- Designing school grounds for children and young people with additional needs
- Designing school grounds for the 21st century
There will be invited speakers and a design task for all participants to undertake.
The course is aimed at those with at least two years’ experience of working in and with schools and only these may undertake the Transforming Spaces accreditation following the course. Successful completion of the assessment can lead to membership of our accredited network and opportunities to work with us on a range of projects and initiatives.
To receive further information and an application form for the course please email Mary Jackson, Head of Education and Communities at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a trainer who works with teachers or early years educators we have a matching LtL Transforming Outdoor Learning and Play Accreditation.
This will be an on-line course and each session will run for two hours with short practical tasks in between sessions. In order become LtL accredited participants must attend all five sessions.
The sessions run from 3:30pm-5:30pm.
The dates are: 28th April, 5th, 12th and 19th May, 9th June
The assessment will consist of:
- A portfolio of your work, describing how you have worked with schools on a minimum of two school grounds projects. At least one of these should be a whole site design. (this can be at the level of a sketch design or vision plan). These designs can be undertaken before, during or after the course. If you feel you should or could change your practice as a result of the course we would like to see this reflected in your portfolio.
- A written assessment covering your understanding of outdoor learning and play and working with schools in your own nation.
- The assessment should be completed within six months of attending the course.
Before you book
Please ensure that you have spoken to one of our team – call 01786 465 934 or email email@example.com.
We do restrict access to the LtL Professional Accreditation to maintain standards for our customers, Network members and Staff team. Please consider your background before booking – you will have a professional qualification in design, likely at degree level. You will be familiar with tendering & contracting arrangements and responsibilities as a designer of public spaces.
We know that ‘one size fits all’, and therefore we are flexible and open to speaking with everyone before they book.