Transforming primary school play expriences
Playtime Revolution Training
Investing in children’s play is one of the most important things we can do to improve children’s health and wellbeing. Your break and lunchtimes are a vital part of children’s play opportunity – and the power to transform them is in your hands.
Primary school play done well can improve health and wellbeing, motivate pupils and return them to formal teaching time ready to learn.
If you would like to find out more about our work, then take a look at the projects we’ve worked on, and those we have planned for the future.
How does the course work?
Drawing on the Scottish ‘Natural Play Project’ and our years of experience across the rest of the UK, we have developed a one day course focussing specifically on improving play within the school grounds for primary aged children.
We also have a similar course available for Early Years settings and High schools.
This practical and engaging course will help you maximise your school grounds for play by focussing on the following areas:
- The power and importance of play
- Auditing your grounds for play
- Designing for play and involving the children in meaningful, practical consultation
- The importance of whole school community communication, playground supervision and the role of the adult
- Practical and real life examples including play on a budget
- Risk and challenge
- Contacts, resources and taking things forward in your school.
Dates and booking
Course costs are typically £580+vat and reasonable expenses per full day, for up to 20 staff. Price from 1st of February 2019.