What do bird boxes, bee hotels and nature experts all have in common?
We’ll tell you
They are all available free to schools and early years settings as part of Learning through Landscapes Local School Nature Grants Programme, supported by players of People’s Postcode Lottery.
This outdoor learning grant fund has two elements – a fully funded outdoor learning training for your staff and £500 of equipment for outdoor learning.
The grants are available in England, Wales and Scotland only. They are available to all schools. Early years providers must have at least 5 staff and a building – either stand alone or part of a school.
Find out more below.
Take a look at the free outdoor learning resources that we have developed by clicking the button below.
Image Source: Malcolm Cochrane
Local school nature grants
If successful you will be able to mix and match items from a product catalogue of hundreds of items, up to the value of £500. The packages offer a wide mix of products to appeal to a broad range of ages, are customisable, enabling Infant, Primary and Secondary schools. All the products are delivered direct to you from our partner suppliers.
You will be able to select a training topic from a range of themes. Our skilled staff, all of whom have teaching or education backgrounds, will then deliver an engaging session for your staff, for up to half a day. You will be offered a choice of dates, but we do ask that the training is delivered within the funding round.
The project is funding by the Players of the People’s Postcode Lottery and their funding trust either People’s Postcode Trust, Postcode Neighbourhood Trust, Postcode Places Trust, Postcode Society Trust, Postcode Local Trust or Postcode Community Trust.
The grants are available in England, Wales and Scotland only. They are available to all schools. Early years providers must have at least 5 staff and a building – either stand alone or part of a school. School nurseries and the attached school will be classed as one setting.
We cannot fund outside of the geographical limits. Individual childminders are not eligible to apply. If you have been awarded a Local School Nature Grant in the last 5 years you will not be eligible in 2020-21.
Please read the FAQ in the Application Form area for more detailed support.
Key information about the grants:
- The total spend on products cannot exceed £500.
- All prices include VAT and delivery.
- Any underspend will be used to help further schools partake in the project and cannot be reimbursed to the school.
- Schools are welcome to select the same item multiple times, as long as the £500 budget is not exceeded.
- Items will be delivered to your site within 3 months of a successful application.
- We manage all the ordering and payments – you simply make a choice via the online catalogue.
- We cannot let you ‘top up’ the grant.
- The training will take place at your own site.
- You will have a choice of topics/themes for the training.
- The training will be outdoors and interactive (our preference) or delivered remotely online due to lockdown restrictions.
- Up to 30 staff can take part, although up to 15 preferred (inc trainer).
- We include handouts and follow up information, including lesson plans and ideas.
- You will have a choice of times and dates for the training.
- All our staff are following strong Covid19 protection protocols as well as our standard risk management processes – you can read more about them here.
|Round 1||Friday 30th April 2021|
|Round 2||Friday 25th June 2021|
|Round 3||Friday 3rd September 2021|
|Round 4||Friday 12th November 2021|